We will hold some seats back so that those who don't have internet access can still go to the talks, and I expect there will be some people who don't turn up on the day.
However, admission to the fair and conference is free, the seats are free, there is no booking fee, and there'll be people from the Hawick Heritage Hub as well as others in our research room waiting to help you with your research.
You don't need to bring lunch or drinks with you as we're providing light refreshments at very low prices.
- 10.30 am - Welcome and Brief History of Borders Family History Society
- 11.00 am Keynote Lecture - Haunted Borders - noted local author, Norrie McLeish
- 1.00 pm Borders Police Records - Juline Baird and Sarah Chapman, Hawick Heritage Hub
- 2.00 pm My Life in Textiles - Ellis Macgregor
- 3.00 pm Poor Relief in Melrose 1871-1890 - Peter Munro
- Borders Family History Society
- Clan Johnston
- Clan Moffat
- Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society
- Dunse History Society
- Glasgow and West of Scotland Family History Society
- Hawick Heritage Hub
- John Smith - Jedburgh's Wartime Sacrifice
- Lanarkshire Family History Society
- Lothians Family History Society
- Melrose Historical Association
- Northumberland & Durham Family History Society
- Recording Angels
- Scottish Genealogy Research
- Tay Valley Family History Society
- The Scottish Association of Family History Societies
- The Scottish Genealogy Society
- West Lothian Family History Society
We hope to see you there.
If you've joined recently, please do come and speak to us.