It's being held in Scottish Local History Forum at Glasgow Trades Hall, 85 Glassford Street, Glasgow on Thursday, 31 October 2013.
The cost is £30 including morning tea & coffee & sandwich lunch, with a £4 reduction for members.
It's an interesting programme:
- Murray Blair- The Trades House and Hall of Glasgow
- Dr Bruce Durie - Finding records of trades, crafts, burgess guilds and apprentices.
- Olive Geddes -Wielding the hammer : the record books of the Hammermen of Perth
- Dr Douglas Lockhart - New homes in the suburbs and the countryside: developing trade guilds’ land
- Don Martin - Scottish trade symbols
- Dan Coughlan - Pirns, patterns and poetry - a look at the life and culture of the Paisley weavers
- Lorna Dey - Flour power: Aberdeen’s baxters
- Heather Jack - Industry, and the schools of art and design
- John Donaldson - Carvers are starvers