We'll be offering family history advice and we'll have publications for sale.
If there's anything you particularly want, let us know on our Contacts page selecting 'Contact the Chairman'.
The house opens 12 noon – admission to fair is £1 – refundable against purchases in their shop.
- Broughton House and Garden Archives
- Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society
- Dumfries and Galloway Libraries and Archives
- Lanarkshire Family History Society
Help with your family history queries by Erica Johnston, Dumfries and Galloway Council Family History Officer, in the Research Room.
Talks: £2 each, limited seating available – please book by telephoning 0844 493 2246 or email: broughtonhouse AT nts.org.uk
- 12.30pm Graham Roberts, Dumfries and Galloway Archivist: Theme - ‘How Council Archives and Libraries can help with Family History Research’
- 1.30pm David Devereux, Curator (retired) Stewartry Museum: Theme ‘Hornel and the History of Emigration from Galloway’
- 2.30pm Chris Paton, Genealogist, author and blogger: ‘Instantly Buckled for Life - Researching Scottish Marriage
- 3.30pm Ian Riches, National Trust for Scotland Archivist: Title – ‘The Archives of the NTS - What We Found Under the Stairs and in Cupboards…’