The 50p anagrams quiz sold at St Boswells post office in the weeks leading up to St Boswells Fair asked
'How many World Famous Gypsies you can identify by re-arranging the letters to spell their names' ?
Although it wasn't our quiz, we had a request via our Contacts page to find out the answers.
Mary S said "I tried to do the quiz from the post office but I only managed one, and I'm not sure it was right."
So here are the answers (provided by Euan Watt):
1. leachmic inaec michael caine
2. reilhac panlich charlie chaplin
3. lilb nitlcno bill clinton
4. vaddi sexes david essex
5. obb sinksoh bob hoskins
6. mej came jem mace
7. derdeifr zipren freddie prinze
8. godjan dtharneinr django reinhardt
9. b b gkin b b king
10. slive sleyrep elvis presley
11. rotherm sateer mother teresa
12. yonhnj hacs johnny cash
13. uly ynbrner yul brynner
14. yonjnh markntha johnny frankham
15. aceyrt lanlmu tracey ullman
16. rice tonnaca eric cantona
17. tira rotywhha rita hayworth
18. vaa redragn ava gardner
19. nita lee tina lee
20. anes yerncon sean connery
21. goerr roome roger moore
22. lobpa saposic pablo picasso
23. yonnr odow ronny wood
24. pygys soer ele gypsy rose lee
The answers were displayed at the St Boswells Fair/Gypsy Fair Exhibition in the recently refurbished St Boswells Village Hall from 18 to 20 July and the winner won a voucher for a free palm reading.