The programme of talks was published today, and it looks very interesting.
Saturday 14th May 2011
- 11.00 Tracing my Family History – Celtic Origins and what price DNA? A 'rare' surname & a few costly mistakes ! : Donald McIllhagga
- 12.00 Brewing in Ford in the 18th century : Peter Maule
- 1.00 Murky Mires – an investigation of Spades Mire and the medieval defensive ditches of Berwick : Jim Herbert
- 2.00 Detective Research – the Heritage Hub and its resources for Scottish Borders Local and Family History : Rachel Hosker
- 3.00 The Bondagers – What did they wear ? : Dinah Iredale
Sunday 15th May 2011
- 11.00 Flodden 500 – meeting of those interested in researching Flodden : led by Chris Burgess and Chris Bowles
- 12.00 Eleanor Weatherley’s Diary – a recently discovered diary written by a Belford farmer’s daughter, giving a glimpse into everyday life in North Northumberland in 1804 : Joan Wright
- 1.00 Flodden – a brief archaeological history : Chris Burgess
- 2.00 Following in Henry’s Footsteps ( Dr Henry Richardson in Australia) : Jane Bowen
- 3.00 The Trials and Tribulations of Berwick as a Border Poor Law Union : Linda Bankier
We have a stall there, both days, with a variety of members present.
We'll be glad to help you with your family history problems and queries.
See you there !