The latest issue of our 44 page magazine was despatched to members on 21st October.
I understand that due to the labour dispute at Canada Post, there is a backlog of mail, so Canadian members may experience additional delays before receiving their October 2011 magazine.
This issue contains articles about
- the successful tracing of the family of a relative of an American lady's late husband, a John Robert Grant who had been born in Galashiels in 1885, and transferring personal papers and photographs to the family
- the Stewarts of Kelso
- a family bible reunited with the family of the original owner, who wrote in it in 1812
- the cholera epidemic of 1849
- rules of intestate succession
- the first part of the talk 'Granny’s Bawbees' about Scottish coinage that I gave on 29th May (including 4 colour illustrations of Scottish and British coins)
- reviews of 4 books
- this summer's work on transcribing gravestones